Preps 5.3 problems.... need help

JimBob53

Registered Users
Starting yesterday afternoon some of the smart marks have been using became 'invalid' marks.... I set up the designation of page, sig., and color several years ago as smart marks and have been using them with no problem. A few months back we upgraded our Evo system to 5.3.6. No problems using templates form the old system, until yesterday.... What has happened? No changes in the way they are used, no change in the copy. The disappeared from the selection list in the Smart Marks menu... I get a message telling me they are invalid marks. Any ideas?

Hi JimbBob53. It may have something to do with how the volume with the marks is mounting. i.e. SMB or AFP. Try mounting both ways to see if one works and one doesn't. P.S. When you mount as AFP make sure you unmount the SMB volume and vice versa.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back