Plate definition for trendsetter

Slammer

I must admit that prinergy was never in my focus until now, for most part it looks nice and easy and friendly, however do I find one or two things rather clumsy, defining a plate on the trendsetter front end for instance, do you really have to go into that python shell thingy to define a new plate? Call an engineer every time you wish to use a new plate? Or am I missing something here?

We have two Kodak Trendsetters and Prinergy workflows. It is my understanding that to setup a new media requires a service call to Kodak. Kind of crappy in my opinion but there it is. Of course, there are six or seven predefined plates built-in. Perhaps one of those has the imaging requirements you need. I also believe that there are some companies out there that can setup a new media. I have yet to use one of them so I don't know what they might charge.

To set up a NEW media does require a Kodak service call because exposures need to be setup. Adding a new plate size should be easy. We go into Print Console and copy or duplicate a media and change the dimensions. Everything else remains the same.

I just checked and I don't think we did have to set up a new plate size we just send a different size file and it only exposes half of the plate. We use tiff downloader which may make a difference.

That is the way I am doing it now, however I find it clumsy and not very elegant, defiantly not in the spirit of "this is the way forward"

Hi Slammer,
What is you are going to do?
Create new media (different plate type) or create new plate format?
If this is going to be new (undefined in firmware) plate type (Agfa, Fuji or negative/positive) then you need an access to firmware via SS (for older MPE machines 2.51 is fine) or serial terminal. For newer TMCE or GMCE it may not work.
If it's just a new plate format Print Console is all you'll need.
Any way first define the media (firmware) than print setup in PrintConsole and the last choose just created setup in Prinergy.

Rgds

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back