Preps page size, press margins etc.

redlik

Hi,
Another noobie question for Preps experts.
What's the correct setup for page size for Ryobi SRA1 press with print area approx 850x615mm, not centred on a sheet (there's smaller margin on grip edge).
Do I create the page size as SRA1 (900x700) and create "Media" with some kind of margins or just stick to max print area and ignore the sheets size. I can position the output PDF on Apogee Workflow so it would appear in the right spot.
What I'm trying to ask - is there one correct way to do this?

I'm coming from InDesign as output app so Preps' way of doing things is sometimes not clear to me.

Regards
R.

If you use Apogee Workflow the most right way is to impose everything in Preps to final sheet size of printing paper. Using such way gives you the opportunity to easy position everything on plate, also use Borders to insert different info ans so on.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back