Preps 7 Preference Profile

cwillson

Hi all, First post on these boards.
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the preferences in Preps 7 to stick after making a new preference profile.
Most of my work is for large format printing, and I would like to have preps open with my personal preference set-up, instead of having to go into prefs and change it every time I launch the program.

I tried saving my set and renaming it Default.cfg, and putting in the prefs folder, but it didn't work. Tried "PrepsPrinergy.cfg" too, still does not work.

Any ideas?

You have to also make the changes to PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template. It is in the same folder as PrepsPrinergy.cfg.

No Title

I don't have a "PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template" file anywhere.

Contents of Profile folder in Screen Grab attached.

Attachments

• photo5663.jpg
    photo5663.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 218
Are you using Prinergy? And if so are you looking in the Profiles folder on the AraxiPreps share from the Prinergy server.

Hi Joe, Yes, using Prinergy 6. I see now the file you are referring to on our AraxiPreps Server. Wouldn't editing that cfg file affect all users though?

Yes. The local Prinergy profiles are not being used when you launch Preps from Workshop. PrepsPrinergy.cfg from the AraxiPreps/Profiles/PrepsPrinergy folder is what is being used and the content of PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template overwrites PrepsPrinergy.cfg. Or something like that. I know if you want the changes to stick you have to edit PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template though.

When you just start Preps locally by double clicking the Preps application it uses the local Profiles in the application folder /Profiles folder.

Ahhh... That explains it then. We always launch from Workshop so the volume mounts automatically and what not.

I've just tried setting prefs, then quitting and relaunching locally and it works like a charm. I'll have to set up the Araxi volume to mount at start up so I can launch local all the time.

Thank you Joe, You saved me from a stress fracture of my brain.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back