support

baritone

I know that the support for Prinergy and insite will end this year. My question is that how long can I run without buying the new software. I have a ghost image of the systems but my main concern is will java still work for a good time bec this system uses java 6 or how long can i go.

Yes sorry its about Prinergy 5 and Insite. If I can I will buy a spare servers so i can keep running for awhile.

Your biggest issue is that your technology is already out of date. For example Prinergy and Insite runs on Windows 2003 Server and Microsoft has already ended support for that OS. And you can't run it on any newer version of Windows Server. And I know Workshop for Prinergy 5 won't install on probably any OS X version after probably something like OS X 10.7 or 10.8. And as web browsers are updated you're going to find more and more of them are going to block both Java and Flash. Both of which are used heavily in the old versions of Insite. So while you may be able to keep it running it will eventually not do you any good to do so.

Ok thanks and 95% of our customers don't even use insite. They just upload it to us via ftp or Dropbox. I got the software working on 10.8 but had to install on our 10.5 and copy folder to our nas drive then move to the new machines only thing that doesn't work is Preps but we have a couple of old imacs and towers that use it only.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back