Re-installing Quark 6.5 and valadation code

Sev

I need to re-install Quark 6.5 on a different Mac and I have found the install disk and serial number. but I cant find the Validation code. If I recall, there is a keyboard command to show the validation code, but I dont recall the command. I realize this goes back quite a few years, but does anyone remember the command? I dont want to pay Quark $30 for a support ticket. Thanks in advance.

-Sev

Yours is an activation issue, not a support issue. Call them and explain your situation.

Best regards,
pd

I think it was just holding down option-shift or command-shift or some combo while clicking "about quark". But to my recollection, that just showed the serial number - not the validation code.

I agree with prepressdork, call them and explain - That shouldn't be a chargeable call (but we ARE talking about Quark here, so they may not agree with logic).

it's been a while since I've dealt with quark, but isn't the validation code generated during install after you put in the serial number?
I could be remembering wrong, but I thought that the validation code tied the serial number from Quark to that specific computer.

But yes, it's an activation issue, and should be a non-charge.

I think you have to phone them. It took them till version 8.1 I think to give us the user the option of de-authorizing ourselves.

I think it was just holding down option-shift or command-shift or some combo while clicking "about quark". But to my recollection, that just showed the serial number - not the validation code.

I agree with prepressdork, call them and explain - That shouldn't be a chargeable call (but we ARE talking about Quark here, so they may not agree with logic).

Thanks, that was the command, and you are correct, it brings up the serial number which I already have. However, I was able to copy my old version from the old computer, to the new mac, which is a virtual machine running on Parellels under 10.10.5.

You got lucky if it didnt ask to be reactivated. If it ask you can call quark and the will give you the info but it will cost $25 for the info because you need to open a ticket. It happen to me when moving a hard drive from one mac to another.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back