Color proofing systems

Kim Baer

We are looking for a new color proofing system> most important criteria: quick production, accurate color (G7) single page format is fine. What are the proofers that are being used.

we are using an out of dated epson and we need to get new equipment since we are seeing more high end projects. We are trying to find a smaller more cost effective option other than a full wide format

Yes that is a good choice for a printer, but without a front end it's not a proofer. Likely the best options for that will be from GMG, CGS-ORIS or EFI, depending on your needs.

we use a 4900 with a fiery XF front end. We have had oris in the past- like both.

we use a 4900 with a fiery XF front end. We have had oris in the past- like both.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am currently using Oris and find the interface to be super clunky and over complicated. I've used EFI in the past and found it much more sleek and intuitive. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, I am glad that I found this thread.

I currently work for CGS (Oris Color Tuner), and would be happy to show you our software Kim.

schenkadere, I hate to hear that you find our software "Super Clunky" and would be happy to help you with any issues you might be having. I can be reached directly at [email protected]

Hope you all have a great Day!

Cory Sawatzki
CGS-USA

Not to hijack the thread, but I am currently using Oris and find the interface to be super clunky and over complicated. I've used EFI in the past and found it much more sleek and intuitive. What are your thoughts?

The color tuner I think was setup a little different and in 09 ish when I used it, it was not as clean as the Fiery XF workflow. But I think the refining or optimizing seemed easier in the color tuner - but that maybe me looking through rose colored glasses :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back