Esko updates

Macmann

We upgraded to suite 14 in fall of 2014 and have not done any of the incremental upgrades since then. Are we missing out on functionality by skipping these updates? I'd like to make a case to management for remaining current but I have no hard evidence to back my request. Any input on your experiences would be helpful in this regard.

Thanks

Thanks eskopdl. You are the Linkmeister. Do you have any anecdotal evidence of gains in productivity or in the user experience?

Macmann- 14.1 does have some substantial improvements in the new "imaging engine" mostly for maintenance on the RIP. Ease of use type stuff. Honestly if you don't upgrade right now I can't think of 1 new feature that is a must have. Other than maybe that it now has El Capitan support for client (Finally). Sadly we were only able to use Arturo 14.1 for about 3 hours before we found RIPed files were missing colors. So off to the R&D black hole and we shall wait once again.

Thanks WI-Flexo, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. We are running on a Windows platform so El Capitan isn't an issue. We rely heavily on PackEdge and Plato so ArtPro enhancements wouldn't help either.
Thanks again from a fellow Cheesehead.

WI-Flexo About the missing colors, you Riped from Artpro 14.1 to Nexus or Artpro 14.1 to Imaging Engine?

Artpro 14.1 to Imaging Engine. Its happening in the export to Normalized PDF stage so not an Imaging Engine issue. From what I can tell the issue is in Artpro.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back