Adjusting the bleed size in PitStop Pro

jdr999

Hi all,

I use the "Just make my Office PDF work!" profile fairly often. The only problem is the bleed setting doesn't match what we use here - 0.25" (or 0.125" per side). How can I change that so I don't need to change the page boxes afterwards?

Thanks,
Joe

Is it the actual content for the bleed – or is it the bleed (page) box… or both?

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
For instance it turns an 8.5x11 page into 9.29 x 11.79. I'd rather be left with an 8.75 x 11.25 page (0.25" bleed). Crop marks aren't necessary as fiery impose can add them for me.

jdr999 The profile is mainly about fixing, so it has a lot of Action Lists involved.
I can edit them and send you a specific profile for your needs.
Just to clarify, you would like two changes.
1. 0.25" bleed instead of current value (3mm)
2. No adding of Crop Marks.

Is that correct?

jdr999 The profile is mainly about fixing, so it has a lot of Action Lists involved.
I can edit them and send you a specific profile for your needs.
Just to clarify, you would like two changes.
1. 0.25" bleed instead of current value (3mm)
2. No adding of Crop Marks.

Is that correct?

I basically use two versions of that action -- one with color corrections and one without. Then I use the edit feature to remove crop marks, and then resize the page boxes to original size + 0.25" bleed and center. Would be nice to not have to do those extra actions. We also use Web Coated SWOP 2... Don't know if that matters..

Thanks!
Joe

Ok. Do you have any experience creating or editing Action Lists in PitStop?
Do you create your own preflight profiles at all?

Just wondering if it might be better to explain how you can edit the settings yourself.

Ok. Do you have any experience creating or editing Action Lists in PitStop?
Do you create your own preflight profiles at all?

Just wondering if it might be better to explain how you can edit the settings yourself.
I'm still an advanced beginner when it comes to PitStop. So no, I don't do very much that isn't already setup.

Here you go, here's a version without Crop Marks, adjusted Bleed and the color conversion is to Web Coated (Swop) v2. this is also the output intent.

I haven't had the opportunity to test it as I am on vacation now until the 18th July. Have a play and if changes are needed then I can do them when I get back, or maybe someone else on the forum can assist.
https://esko.box.com/s/w7kpsgnfhkx6317ccvmeobhvnm8htcm6

Here you go, here's a version without Crop Marks, adjusted Bleed and the color conversion is to Web Coated (Swop) v2. this is also the output intent.

I haven't had the opportunity to test it as I am on vacation now until the 18th July. Have a play and if changes are needed then I can do them when I get back, or maybe someone else on the forum can assist.
https://esko.box.com/s/w7kpsgnfhkx6317ccvmeobhvnm8htcm6

That's awesome, thanks!

I just tried it and it's adding .79" to each dimension but I think I may have figured that out. Under Action Lists -> Set marks and clean up trim area, the bleed box has been changed to 9pt, but the media box is still 28pt. It looks like if I change them both to 9pt it works.

Is my theory correct?

Thanks,
Joe

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back