Illustrator Problem - Crashes after trying to set bleed margins in page set-up

Qbot

This a new one for me. Never seen this happen in 15 years of using Illustrator. Attached screen shot is my "about Illustrator". Another technician in my department is also having this issue. We have not done a Illustrator update for a while so i'm at a loss for what to do on this.

Attachments

• photo5735.jpg
    photo5735.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 157
Qbot . . . which version of Illy are you using - can't read the screen shot. and a better description of what you do and does is freeze or quit or what . . . a little more info would go a long way . . you might try trashing your Illy prefs

Illustrator CC 18.1.1 It quits and asks me if I want to send a report to Apple. Not sure why it wants to send a report to Apple when my issue is with an Adobe product. Anyhow thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my problem

Send the report to Apple, it might be a conflict with the OS . . uninstalling it and reinstalling it might fix - but like I said trash your prefs first . .

another idea is to create a new user and when your logged in at the new user see if it works - had a problem with illy and suitcase and had to do that - its a PITA but it worked

Thanks to those who responded to my post. This happens to existing Illustrator files as well as new files. The fact that it's happening on all our machines leads me to believe it's a conflict with one of our plug ins from esko or zund. I told our Administrator about this and he will be looking into it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back