Prepress for Dummies ?

Hi,
I own a small printing business. I have never done any courses related to printing but learned only by doing and observing. However, now we are installing a CTP equipment in late September and I know nothing about icc profiles or fm or am screens or anything related to prepress so can any one recommended some books or articles please as I really want to do this technician course that the vendor is offering of CTP equipment but it requires prior knowledge of prepress. Soo........
HELP

If you want a physical book, the best is probably: "A Guide to Graphic Print Production" by Kaj Johansson, Peter Lundberg, and Robert Ryberg

If you want answers to specific questions that is well illustrated to clearly convey the information (info you won't find elsewhere) then gordo's blog is the place to go: http://the-print-guide.blogspot.co.uk/ And what's great about his blog is that if something's not clear then you can email him to get an answer - something you won't get from a book.

Thanks all
I am actually an ACCA and the printing heritage goes back to more then 300 years in my family but I don't know much and I'm the CEO.

Well I tend to act like I know nothing :)
I Do know more about binding then offset printing and know more about offset printing then prepress

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back