How does your digital department (prep) flow....

How does your digital department (prep) flow....

• Print operators do ALL of the file prep.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have a dedicated (prepress) department or individual that prep(s) all files.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 'Hot Folders' and 'Automation' has removed humans from this place...

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I am not interested in answering any of your questions! (thanx ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mwc

Curious how the 'non-bots' work..How does your digital department (file prep) flow go ?

This Poll is anonymous and set to close 10/14/16.

Last edited:
We are a small family shop, 3rd Generation. I do everything from design, to prep and printing digitally, as well as make plates for the press. I do use hot folders for some standard repeat jobs, makes life simpler when I can just drag and drop.

We are a small-ish shop with offset and digital. Offset work with Rampage, digital press on another workflow (fiery's). Looking to possibly combine the offset and digital to gain efficiencies of a new centralized workflow (XMF, Xitron, Prinect, Prinergy...etc...). Have a dedicated prepress operator managing initial file prep for all devices, imposition and plates for offset. Digital operators do imposition for digital press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back