Screen 4300e Plate stuck in machine error E61CD and service menu password.

scaliper

We have bought a second hand screen 4300e. The company that sold it to us has gone bust and they changed the password for the service menu. The default 4300 is not working.

secondly i was running a few tests by making patterns on the plate from the user menu and after I manually removed the plate. The ctp started giving error E61CD. Details show that there is a plate stuck in the machine.
When i opened the cover the plate was on the delivery tray (and came out without effort by hand) but the transfer path was aligned with the recording drum.

Now the ctp is stuck and keeps giving the same error on initialization. Please help.

On ours, the default password was 4301. (Or perhaps the installers suggested that as an alternative; we chose something else). Can't help with the rest.

Last edited:
Screen 4300e Plate stuck in machine error E61CD and service menu password

Screen 4300e Plate stuck in machine error E61CD and service menu password

Try this independent service organization: [email protected]
They have Screen trained engineers.

try this.

try this.

We have bought a second hand screen 4300e. The company that sold it to us has gone bust and they changed the password for the service menu. The default 4300 is not working.
Try 4302

secondly i was running a few tests by making patterns on the plate from the user menu and after I manually removed the plate. The ctp started giving error E61CD. Details show that there is a plate stuck in the machine.
When i opened the cover the plate was on the delivery tray (and came out without effort by hand) but the transfer path was aligned with the recording drum.

Now the ctp is stuck and keeps giving the same error on initialization. Please help.
Press detail to get more info on the error.

Hi scaliper,
We faced exactly the same problem here... How did you overcame it?
I will appreciate any help.
Danos

The plate may stuck in the machine for many reasons, but see if it not above the front grippers and under the clamp bar. If it is there please try with another batch of plates. It could be a wrong grain of the aluminium.

Hi danos

We have the Avalon N-4 with many of the same errors. give a look at the post on (Plate size (in the Y direction) is longer than the set value.)

Take care
Michael

I know this post is old but how did you solve the problem? We have the exakt same problem and the technician doesn't really know what the problem is!

When we had the error, we called tech supponrt, and the phone tech had us follow a procedure that started with using both thumbs to touch the small monitor, one on each side, near the middle of the outside edges, at the SAME time, which brought up a new screen that - we can't remember anymore what to do next, but eventually led to resetting the machine. This touching-both-sides-with-the-thumbs procedure seems to ONLY work during an error message. As far as passwords go, there was a discussion when our machine was installed, which led us to select 4302, as I didn't want to get very far away from the default. Good luck, and be careful!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back