Crestline Roller Maintenance?

From time to time I use marathon blanket conditioner on mine. It seems to pull out all the ink and almost gets the rollers back to their original color!!

Bottcher Febo clean. I've got six different AB Dicks with EVERY dampening system. Except for the aquamatic system, the best cleaning is 1) clean with Bottcher Febo clean - leave it on over night, then wash off with a water miscible wash. Rinse with water 2) Cover with a thick coat of Bottcher Lube WP. It's like a vaseline. I don't know if this restores , or just keeps the rollers from hardening. But we are getting MUCH longer roller life out of all our rollers - including dampening rollers. If I park a press for a month, I leave the Lube on, and it actually soaks into the roller. When I roll the press up with a little wash, the rollers are soft and velvety.

On our Crestline we never need alcohol, even with "dry" plates like Silvermaster. Often only water, or a bit of any fountain solution. But they can become contaminated, and need a good scrubbing. The very best deglazer is the old AB Dick 4-4970 stinky deglazer. Removes what NOTHING else will - I've done the tests... :) You only need a once a year treatment with this if you use the Bottcher treatment I described.

Regards! Bill

Thanks for the info! I already have some feboclean on order. I'm having trouble sourcing febolube with my vendors, but I wonder if its similar to Easy Street, which I've heard can be used in a similar way to lubricate the ink rollers on a unit that isn't printing.

We have Feboclean, amoung other things usually in stock, we are in Seattle, 206-762-7065. Ask for Erik or Doug

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back