Automated Blanket Cleaner wash for Heidelberg DI

k_graham

I have been using Varn Pronto in the automated blanket washers of my Heidelberg DI as that was the recommendation of the Presstek installer several years ago. I don't think this is a water miscible product and was thinking something mixed with a bit of water might do a better job of removing paper dust and powder. It seem to me it may be less tedious to dry a wet blanket after the blanket wash than wiping a dry blanket with more solvent to get rid of powder and paper dust that weren't removed in the wash when running uncoated papers.

Thanks,

Ken

Varn A230 was a good product to use. It might be the same as Varn 120. It is water miscible. From my recollection Pronto was used on the Quickmaster/Printmaster lines of 1 and 2 color configuration. Pronto was quick drying and not recommended for the DI blanket washer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back