Ryobi 3302 gripper issues

robbg439

Some of my prints are left with little folds from the impression cylinder grippers. It's either of the outermost grippers (OP or NOP side, occurring randomly) that will catch from time to time and fold the paper over rather than grip it. I just did a full replacement of all the impression cylinder grippers as well as the feed grippers. What adjustment should I be making to the grippers so I get a nice flat leading edge on my prints. I'm worried that when I try to print the back of a run, the little folds will lead to feeding issues.

Thanks!

What I did was take about .007" of paper and put it under the stop at either side of the cylinder gripper bars, one at a time.
After you get the paper under the stop use a .004" strip of paper under each gripper to get a moderate drag. Adjustment screw on each gripper. Too light of a drag and heavy coverage on gloss stock will cause pull off onto the blanket. Be sure all the drags are similar.
There is also a small pad of rubber on the cylinder grippers. If this is missing you won't get good contact and will get marks on the sheet.

Also on the infeed drum there is a similar setup. I use a .004" strip under the stop and use a .004" strip for drag under each gripper. There is a feeler gauge for the delivery grippers that is .100" thick. It is used for setting the stop on each delivery gripper. Then an overall adjustment is made for the transfer point.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back