problem with double sheets

snoozer

Running a ab dick 375 and having trouble with double sheets ,fanned the stock reduced the vacuum and increased air to get more between the sheets ? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Seems to be with all the stock .

Is the bail bar in place? AB Dick has a lightweight and heavyweight bail bar.
Move the Bail Bar forward (for lightweight stock, back for heavy stock).
Snug up the back-stop (at the back of the pile).

Hello Snoozer - 375 is a great machine, don't give up! I love mine. For feeding, you need to make sure the suckers are adjusted correctly in how far they go down. If you don't have a manual, you need to get one. You have to remove the operator side cover (small one by the feed lever) and there are some adjustments as to how far the suckers go down. This is pretty critical, and makes a huge difference. Secondly, you can get a 'doubles eliminator' and put in the place of a couple of suckers - use at least two. It is like a sucker, but has an adjustable "poker" at the bottom. It serves to push the pages down underneath the sheet the suckers have grabbed, so that the lower sheets remain under the fingers. It works miracles, believe me! It is the one with the red tip in the foto below. Thirdly, if you want to spend the money, either Bigfoot or Surefoot suckers are really good for feeding most light weight paper. Good luck!

images

Will try some of your different suckers,I have a few of these, would love to buy those bigfoot suckers but too expensive , Thanks for your input, it is appreciated. And thanks to the other members for their input , a lot of great solutions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back