Metering Roller Wash

A buddy of mine uses the Bottcher Metering roller wash on a daily basis on his two color Man-Roland press. I've noticed that it is very stong in odor. Is this a harsh chemical? Can it be used on a daily basis? He's had problems as of late, with his water dampener rollers lately. Maybe he is using it too often?

Thanks
Russ

The wash is strong/harsh as it has to evaporate fairly quickly and leave no oily residue on the roller. There are loads of companies making this product MRC (Metering Roller Cleaner) maybe someone has come up with a milder product he can try.
I have found that continual use of harsh products on rollers and blankets certainly shortens their productive life. Maybe he would be better to find out why he is having to constantly clean his Metering rollers.

Quickly wash the metering roller with plain water after cleaning with the cleaning solvent. It stops the action of the harsh chemical. I only use it every 3 or4days

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back