Technician needed in NYC.

lantz_xvx

Hey all, once again I'm looking for a service tech in New York City to work on an Itek 3985 with Crestlines. I've tried both Popkin and Summit Offset Service but trying to get them to come down and do general service / maintenance on the press is like pulling teeth. I don't know why it's such a problem to go to a shop when a customer calls you. Why don't techs want to come down? Don't they want to make money? I shouldn't have to beg to pay them. If anyone has any other good recommendations for someone who is actually responsive and won't act like it's the biggest problem in the world to come down, please send them my way.

Thanks,
- Lantz

Did you purchase the press from either of these guys? Some of these companies have there hands full just giving priority to the guys that purchased presses from them.

No, we didn't. I have a hard time believing that they're so swamped with providing service to people who bought presses from them that they can't do general service. And if that is the case, they should announce it publicly so no one wastes their time calling them.

If I own a biznez thats operating at full capacity the last thing I'm going to worry about is taking the time to communicate that fact as I'm too busy supporting my customers..

Lantz, consider other factors as well - if you're in Manhattan that's easy +1 hr travel just trough the City, $40 parking, 1 hr to get out to go to the next customer. Popkin had downsized and I am not even sure they employ Press Technician at all and Summit - I don't know, are they specialize in these presses at all?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back