Heidelberg and Mitsubishi driving to a merger?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
It seems to be about driving indeed... but nothing to do with Heidelberg Druckmaschinen. Coincidentally this car dealer company is based in Heidelberg Road, Melbourne. False alarm.

I just wondered if there are any printing companies in Heidelberg, Pennsylvania running Mitsubishi printing presses. Oddly enough, at one time they used to manufacture some Miller printing presses in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. To top it all off Heidelberg, Pennsylvania is not too far from Sewickley, Pennsylvania where the former GATF training centre was located. I have visions of the late Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone making this all come together. I have a past history with Harris's, Planetas, Miller's and finally Heidelbergs. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

[SNIP]I have a past history with Harris's, Planetas, Miller's and finally Heidelbergs. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Then this ought to stir up some ghosts for you ;-)

s10BigPress.jpg

That pale blue color of the press in the photo brought back memories. I worked on one the first series of the 40" models in the early 70's. We had the Dahlgren dampening system installed on the press during installation. The East German installers (at that time) were baffled by the Dahlgren system). However they did understand what beer was. I felt sorry for the installer's from East Germany because when they came to install equipment, they were around for a long time. Not only did they do our press, they had to install other presses that were sold and couldn't go home until the jobs were done. The press could pound box board out like crap thru a goose. They were built heavy but the electronics were primitive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back