Can’t Delete

Reciprocation Rollers.

On normal/average plate image area, ALL litho presses the "reciprocation rollers" should be set to maximum.

Regards Alois.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Komori presses but on Heidelberg as Alois said we set the press for maximum oscillation and if you are familiar with Heidelberg presses there are some markings on the setting disc to adjust the ductor timing, but no standard settings. Also there will be difference between setting position for different pressrooms because of different inks and water settings.

I'm also familiar with Heidelbergs and on ALL presses the dials go from a maximum minus setting all the way to a maximum plus setting, and it relates to the timing of the charge as it appears on the sheet (I'm referring to the oscillation charge). So first off, when someone says set it to the maximum, that doesn't really mean anything because the dial has a maximum setting in both directions. Secondly, the dials are there to begin with because there's a reason for having the adjustment, so setting them all so they're maxed out at one end or the other of the adjustment range, kind of defeats the purpose of that.
There are three rings on the setting dial on older Heidelberg presses, the outer is for max oscillation 35 mm which I have used on majority of the jobs, middle is for medium oscillation 18 mm and the center ring is for 0 oscillation. then there are numbers incised on the outer ring from 1-6 with white paint on one side and numbers from 1-6 on the other side with red paint. Both colors are for setting the oscillator start from either DS or OS as far as I know the numbers 1-6 are for the charge timing.
Correct me if I am wrong.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back