UV LED Technology Awakening

D Ink Man

Hi All,

Is anyone running UV LED printing presses in our community.

If so, what are some of the distinct advantages to the process, say versus conventional cure UV and/or electron beam?

Thank you in advance for your contributions.

D Ink Man

Yes, we are one of the early adopters in North America I believe we were the 3rd company to implement an AMS LED system and the first to convert 2 long perfectors.
The main advantages over UV is far less power usage, no heat generated into the substrate so LED is not as prone to cracking, instant on/off (no waiting for cool down or warm-up), No offensive smell.

Yes, we are one of the early adopters in North America I believe we were the 3rd company to implement an AMS LED system and the first to convert 2 long perfectors.
The main advantages over UV is far less power usage, no heat generated into the substrate so LED is not as prone to cracking, instant on/off (no waiting for cool down or warm-up), No offensive smell.

Do you use UV Coating in your operation? If yes, how do they perform with LED vs. your easier systems?

We make a great LED u.v screen ink. very low watts and no heat to damage the stock. the ink will cure with half power or standby settings.

D ink man some web UV LED.
I was recently involved in a new sheeter startup on a 10 year old M600 converted to UV using the AMS LED. Being in heatset for 28 years I was impressed. See link it shows a video of the testing before the heatset dryer was removed and UV LED and new sheeter was put in it's place.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back