PMS 485 bump up

cnygmc15

Sorry for the title, but can someone tell me what screen angle to use when we propose to print PMS 485 under an image of car taillights and such. I remember doing this 15 + yrs. ago but I was a pressman then, now I'm a manager LOL ! (wasn't involved with that stuff...)
Thanks in advance for replies........

For myself I just convert the image for the 485 or other touch plates a hi rez dithered bitmap . . . presto - no angles

For myself I just convert the image for the 485 or other touch plates a hi rez dithered bitmap . . . presto - no angles

I think that would be a mistake. Better to use the angle of the missing color probably cyan.

It works for me every time especially when there is no "Missing Color" probably have gone this was at least a dozen times in the last 10 years but your placement of the image had better be spot on . . .

It works for me every time especially when there is no "Missing Color" probably have gone this was at least a dozen times in the last 10 years but your placement of the image had better be spot on . . .

I'm assuming you're using PShop's diffusion dither to create the high rez bitmap?

If so, then the reasons that I said that I thought it a mistake (but maybe you've resolved them?) are:

1 - A high rez dither e.g. created in PShop will have significant dot gain on press unless you do some sort of pre-compensation in PShop
2 - PShop only does a first order dither which can be very grainy in screen tint builds unless the area is broken up by lots of detail.

Yes I am . . . and I do play with the gray scale image and save several versions to see which one looks the best . . . In the cases I needed it it worked and to touch plate a tail light . . . probably wouldn't be too bad

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back