Heidelberg SM74 4P or Komori LS526 CX

bglasgow

I'm comparing the two above presses and would appreciate any input on those with experience with these or similar equipment. They are both late 90's models. Here are some more specs:

Komori LS526
5/0
Inline aqueous
Extended delivery

Heidelberg SM74 4P
4/0 or 2/2
Perfecting

In our existing press we utilize the fifth unit more often than our perfecting unit, so that's a plus for the Komori. Autoplate and the blanket and roller washers are definitely a plus for the Speedmaster. Though any time or effort saved will be more than negated on 5 color work. Reliability and parts availability is also a huge factor. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like that is much of a differentiator here.

Again I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

In my opinion if you want to buy early 90's press then go for a SM72 5 color + coater and if you don't do perfecting work, go for a straight SM72 5+L.
Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back