Speed master 52 packing slip

Paperboy

Hi I run a sm52 and done so for about 4 years with no problems regarding packing .i put new packing on a unit today and it keeps slipping into the grip edge so I lose the back edge where Color bars are on a sra3 sheet after about 1500 impressions any ideas why this would I have not changed any thing same make blankets

Sounds unusual but anything is possible. You could try spraying oil on the packing sheets so that it will hug the blanket better, Make sure that you are set in the Zero position on the gauge on the operator side. This allows you to move the blanket ahead or back in the event that you are trying to eliminate a small smash or cut in the blanket. I had a customer once that was buying a longer blanket for one unit because they could not mount it properly. It turned out to be a quick fix. The gauge was covered in ink and the number was not visible. Someone had rolled the blanket all the way forward by 8mm and had it locked there, Naturally when they put a new blanket on they were already out of position for proper mounting. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply it's strange I'm all set at zero I always slightly under pack I use 2 sheets of 10 thou and 2 sheets of 12 thou I when through 5 sets on units 1+2 then in the end I have taped up the back edge on packing together and tapped it to the back of the cylinder when so far has held in place so fingers crossed I don't think it's a good system of having 1 bolt to do up when putting blanket on the sm74 is better with the two bolts and even the old gtos

One other note. I am sure your are doing, this but I have to ask. Is the grain of the packing sheets going across the cylinder. Also slip the lighter sheets in between the heavier ones. Also another question and I am only asking, because I have seen operators install the tail end of the blanket firs,t because they said it was easier. The correct way is from the lead edge.

I did think about the grain as I cut my stock packing myself from b1 in a rush as I get on the finishers nerves when I'm on the guilotine so I bought some more pre cut ,which didn't make any difference it's just weird weird because I've never had a problem before the tape seems to be working i just don't know why all of a sudden this started

Gentlemen,

The fundamental Datum Point is the Blanket at the correct height above/below the bearers?

Correctly tensioned? Remember that Compressible Blankets need extra packing.

Regards, Alois

Alois thank you for your input but all that is quite obvious I'm sure there are printers out there that don't do these simple checks ,I however am not one of these with out sounding rude I have however founds a cure for this strange problem which is finito packing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back