Brush roller cleaner

cementary

In our printing factory we'very got a lot of used brush rollers from washing cassettes which are all good but full of dried ink at the ends. We didn't find any cleaner which can clean the ink from the end.
One of our pressmen heard that the ink can be cleaned with ultrasonic waves.
Now i'm curious - what do you think about it and how do you clean your brush rollers? Maybe there is any superior solution on the market which worked well fo you?

Thanks for that but to be serious - we've tried paint removers. I'd like to see exact labels of the chemistry for removing dried ink. And i'll appriciate any recommendations. :)

I've never seen dried ink that can't be softened by Jasco Paint Remover . . .

http://www.caresonic.com/ultrasonic_print_industry.html

Ultrasonic cleaners are commonly used for cleaning Anilox rollers for Flexo. I am sure they could be adapted to clean other items as well. I guess it depends on how long your rollers are as to is it worth the cost. These units are not cheap. Have you considered having someone come in and dry ice the ink from your press and have them dry ice your rollers at the same time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back