Web2Print

Cory Smith

47-Web2Print-800.jpg

LOL! Love it!

Had one about 10 years ago where a customer wanted to buy $2000 worth of posters and would pay us $500 for an "american cell phone" if we would ship to Africa.... never did figure out the scam, but it was interesting! Given the time frame, they were probably just trying to figure out the scam! Sort of an early Beta scam. :)

This is great. I got this one all the time at my last job. It was even worse when they started using TTY relay services to try this scam.

This is great. I got this one all the time at my last job. It was even worse when they started using TTY relay services to try this scam.

Yes,
This happend to me. I was taken by surprise by the TTY relay, and I felt like it was a scam but I wasn't 100% sure at the time, so I asked the interpreter for the customers email address to follow up. She spelled it for me phonetically. "S as in Scam, N as in Nigeria, I as in illegal".

The big thing right now is fake postal money orders and bad certified checks. Both the USPS and the banks are having a terrible time catching the bad ones. I'm doing a three week payment processing and clearing time now just because so many have come back bad in the last year. WTH? And with Paypal doing the free shipping back I'm not even filling those emailed direct mail orders until 3 weeks go by so they don't charge back. Anyone else having issues with those?

Havent seen any issues of that nature, what i have noticed however the many Christian folk in Nigeria who would like to share a fortune in unclaimed funds with me, exactly what we need in this depressed print market..... that new KBA might not just be a pipe dream....

regards
Maas

Just trying to imagine the cemetery filled with those dead Nigerian business men, like Arlington only bigger.

We are not Nigerian men who are ready to "dance any old music". We really have been working only for printing since 2004.
We have done rather complex (may be from my point of view only) things (programmatically of course) like:
- building clipping path to render transparency in PostScript Level 2
- calculating distance between colors to decide is registration necessary
- split color raster into several (configured) colored by single color gray layers to have possibility to recolorize for example logo into different colors

with all my respect to freelancers - it is complex tasks for them.

By the way - when you order something like "the same as VistaPrint" for $750 in two weeks - it is hardly believe that you can get receive something different from the cemetery...

sorry for rudeness.....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back