Vacation Time

Cory Smith

129-Vacation-Time.png

True story from this week

Me: I'm taking next Tuesday off. It's gonna be nice to have a 4 day weekend.
Scheduler: Oh, thats great because we scheduled a print trial on Friday afternoon and a press approval Wednesday morning.
Me: <sulk> So much for peace of mind over the weekend.

True story - back in the days of drum scanning and litho a colleague requested and was granted a week's leave to stay with his mother who had been diagnosed with breast cancer which had subsequently spread throughout her body and the prognosis was not good, while driving to go and stay with his mother he receives a call from his production manager to ask him to return as the work is flooding in and the temp has cancelled, my colleague reminds his boss why he required this leave to which his managers replied "where is your loyalty??!!"

"my colleague reminds his boss why he required this leave to which his managers replied "where is your loyalty??!!"

I was working 2nd shift with a company when my Grandmother passed away. Sure enough this happened when we received a few jobs with a quick turn around time.

I had the production manager asking me to come into work the day of her funeral. He thought since the services were in the morning that it wouldn't conflict with my scheduled work time.

Was working at a different shop than I'm at now a few years back, and had to go in the hospital for an abnormal heart rhythm and stay a day or two. The morning they discharged me I called my boss to tell him what was going on that I would be in the next day because they wanted me to rest and take it easy for a day before going back and he nearly flipped his lid. Got let go not too long after that.

We have a CSR that always seems to have vacation whenever that CSR's jobs are going to press. It happens enough that it become a bit of a running joke. "Oh look, CSR X's job is on press tomorrow, guess it's a vacation week."

Company Policy # 125: Death is the ONLY valid excuse for not being at your work station. Please refer to Company Policy # 46 in Ref to the mandatory 2-week notice. If you are going to die, PLEASE notify your immediate supervisor at least 2-weeks in advance. Thank You.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back