Quality Standards

gordo

268%20Quality%20Standards_zpsy3xv6wqh.jpg

This one was a bit unusual in that I had two possible responses for him to make that I thought would work - but carry a different meaning/impact.

The response as posted has him say:
"Maybe you should consider lowering your standards."

The alternate response not used has him say:
"Maybe you should consider raising your standards."

The alternate response would have been a more optimistic one; however it probably would not be a more realistic one in the real world.

D

There are so few good print buyers left in my segment of the industry. We basically see two types anymore, those who have no standards at all and basically will accept anything and those that complain about inane minutia often not even related to the printing process. Just once I'd like somebody to notice a nice (or even bad) cross over, or compliment us on preventing an obvious ghost. I'd give anything for a customer who understands even a few of the technical challenges in this business!

When a customer has that complaint, it's actually because they are frustrated at their lack of financial ability to pay for your ultra-super-duper-premium-scented-3D-quality printing.

They are exactly the same size as before (300x250 or 300x100) and are IAB standard sizes.

They are exactly the same size as before (300x250 or 300x100) and are IAB standard sizes.

Attached is how the page looks on an iPad - I don't remember it looking like this before. I think you'll agree that the posting is very tiny compared with everything else on the page. On my MacBook it looks better, however the poster's name on the left and the ads on the right do squeeze out the space available for the posting.

Attachments

• ScreenCap.jpg
    ScreenCap.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 179
Please bear with us for a bit. We're less than 2 weeks into this transition and are trying to restore the previous items that have been requested by our Members, before tackling the mobile display for tablets, etc.

Please bear with us for a bit. We're less than 2 weeks into this transition and are trying to restore the previous items that have been requested by our Members, before tackling the mobile display for tablets, etc.

No problem - just trying to clarify what alibryan posted.

I agree with Kansasquaker.... it would be nice to hear from a customer that had some understand of what they were asking for.... well, I will dream on...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back