Old PP or New PP - Weigh In All

When I enter tags for a posting they don't show up in the posting.
Gordo, this has been confirmed by support at vBulletin (the platform PrintPlanet runs on) that this is a known bug that they have in their queue for a bug fix. Unknown how soon or long this will be, though.

"no location showing under profile name...."

This feature is no longer supported in the new version.

"I do miss seeing the name of the forum to which each post"

This feature, like the missing tags, is also a known bug and on their bug list for fixing.

I would still like to know who likes my post . . . not just that "someone" likes my post . . . .

I'm not sure what version of vBulletin you had before the update or what version you updated to but it is much more sluggish than it was previously. vBulletin hasn't good for a long time. Xenforo is the best paid forum software available today.

I'm still not receiving emails for the forums to which I am subscribed.

Rich, you should go into your own profile and make sure those subscriptions you want are still there. Many of the settings from vB4 did not automatically migrate to the newer platform. Unfortunately, we are learning about these "features" as we go.

Test.jpg Test.jpg
Testing embedding jpgs - please ignore the post.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 183
Notification showing as a new message and it does not go away unless we delete the notification.

Not a fan of the notifications/messages, always makes me feel like I have a pm. And the fact that I have to select to delete is annoying as well, should just go away when I have looked at it. The only other thing I would like to see is on the main page under recent threads is to be able to see what subsection they are from i.e. digital, ctp, wide format, etc. I did mention it before in this thread. Other then those little things I like the current site design.

We agree with you Wonderings. We have our requests in for these changes, which may or may not be reflected in next releases.

Still not receiving email notifications. I get them for topics that I'm subscribed to, but not for forums that I want to follow. That's what made the site work for me.

Isn't the wonderful world of our computer generation just marvelous!?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe it is just me; but I like the previous days of such antiques like 8 x 5 cards, pens, pencils, magazines, newspapers, pay phones, hand written letters good ink on good paper and maps in my glove box.

Think about it; not so long ago but very, very far away from todays culture and way of life.

Food for thought and seasons greetings to all.

D Ink Man

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back