It's been a sad couple of weeks here in Orlando

MailGuru

"When It Rains, It Pours", as they say. First it was the shooting of Christina Grimme by an infatuated nut case down town a couple of weeks ago. Then it was the massacre of the patrons of the Pulse Nightclub by a mentally unstable idiot, who, was able to legally buy an AR-15 assault rifle, even having been investigated by the FBI 3 times in the last 4 years, followed by the 2 year-old toddler that was snatched by an alligator at Disney World. My heart goes out to the families of all three horrific incidents.

He was not mentally unstable he knew exactly what he was doing. And what he was doing. And yes for who he was doing this for.

He was not mentally unstable he knew exactly what he was doing. And what he was doing. And yes for who he was doing this for.

I guess you're right, maac. I guess what I was trying to say was, IMHO, anyone who thinks their God wants them to kill other human beings in his name, is, in effect, mentally unstable.

The guns always get blamed, sad. Criminals don't follow laws, so more laws restricting guns will only create a black market for criminals to get guns whilst leaving the rest of the public completely defenseless. This was witnessed at the Paris attack where the very strictest gun laws are in place and still the bad people had them.

Mentally ill wacko was to blame for Christina Grimme, and that is sad. I suspect that if he wanted to kill her and didn't have access to a gun, he would have just used a knife or something else.

Radical Islamic Terrorism is the blame for the Pulse massacre, not the gun. That is backed up by 9-11 where over 3000 innocent people were slaughtered without a single shot being fired. In the middle east, they simply throw gays off buildings to kill them. You can't outlaw gravity. That poor lady in Oklahoma was beheaded, no gun involved.... remember her? The fact is that there is a radical hateful strain of a religion who wants to kill all non-believers. Until this is dealt with, this will continue to happen. It's going to be hard to defeat, when our government won't even acknowledge the problem.

I sit at my job only 200-300 yards away from where the San Bernardino terrorist's SUV came to rest after the gun battle that followed the massacre on 12/2 of last year, and live only blocks from where those terrorists lived. I remind myself everyday, that it was a gun that finally ended the lives of those disgusting terrorists. Thank god for that gun.

The Gator thing is just sad tragic-kingdom accident, maybe preventable by Disney, but an accident nonetheless.

All that said, my heart bleeds for all the victims and families of hate and violence.

Not that I think it changes your point MailGuru but just to clarify a few things: 1.) It was not an AR-15 2.) The gun used nor an AR-15 is classified as a assault rifle. Which by the governments classification means it has the ability to fire multiple rounds with 1 trigger pull, or in simpler terms is it able to perform automatic fire which the weapon in question can not.

It really does not matter what type weapon was used. This will now become the norm for them. In the name of their God they will do this.

From what I've seen reported I get the feeling that the shooter in the Orlando atrocity was severely conflicted between his sexual orientation and the mandates of his religious convictions regarding sexual orientation. As Christopher Hitchens succinctly put it: "Religion poisons everything."
There is an excellent TED talk by a survivor of a terrorist bombing about what she learned from her experience. You can view it here: http://tinyurl.com/jcyz2zd

I'm also saddened by what had happened to Orlando. I do have friends who lives nearby and I'm also praying that it would not happen anymore especially to other places. Let us just keep praying for peace around the globe.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back