Production Planner Notes

MacTwidget

Worked on a job today and this was in the prepress/press instructions...

"PLEASE NOTE:
THIS JOB WILL RUN SHEETWISE FOR DRYING PURPOSES. BUT
TECHNICALLY, THE SAME IMAGE PRINTS ON BOTH SIDES OF
THE SHEET AS IF THE RUN IS WORK & TURN."

Uh... isn't that a W&Turn?

Do they mean that you will do a makeready for side 1, print, then let the job dry for a few day while you run other work on the press. Then come back and do a second MR for side 2?

Last edited:
That's how I read it arossetti. Before UV we'd occassionally do that with heavy coverage jobs on uncoated stock.

Although, I have no idea if it's still a work and turn or not. I think I'd call it sheetwise, we'd be making two sets of plates anyway.

Yep . . we run that way for some blues and some stocks - try for last run friday - 1st run monday and gum the plates

Maybe they mean that it's the same art front and back? So either way, as a W&T or a sheetwise, you'd only need one set of plates. The note just adds confusion if this is the case.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back