Help on Epson 9800 I am going mad

cine

Hi Everyone

Hope someone can help with a very strange problem on my 9800.

It driving me mad.

I am using cut sheets that measure 297mm x 450mm and printing direct from CS4,CS6 and Corel using a custom page size set in the print driver of 297mm x 435mm. sometimes but not all the time a print will stop short in length by about an 1-1.5 inch there is space left on the page clear of any margin. I have noticed that sometimes the print will pause for a second just before this happen then go on to print a few more line before it then just finishes the print short. The PC seems to report the print has finnished and the local panel go back to no sheet loaded.

I did try and increase the page length of the cut sheets and it seem to help but then again I went back to my normal sheet size and its working fine again. This happens from time to time seems at random and can be fine for a week then this happens and happens on every sheet I end up turning off and on and restarting PC, trying longer paper then it clears and is fine again hard to tell what cleared the problem. I have not seen a problem in roll mode but use in main cut sheets, changed the PC, cables and tried CS4, CS6 and Corel X4 and they all at times show this problem. I have cleaned the paper sensor and made sure there is no direct light as I know that can cause a problem.

Mike

Hi Everyone

Hope someone can help with a very strange problem on my 9800.

It driving me mad.

I am using cut sheets that measure 297mm x 450mm and printing direct from CS4,CS6 and Corel using a custom page size set in the print driver of 297mm x 435mm. sometimes but not all the time a print will stop short in length by about an 1-1.5 inch there is space left on the page clear of any margin. I have noticed that sometimes the print will pause for a second just before this happen then go on to print a few more line before it then just finishes the print short. The PC seems to report the print has finnished and the local panel go back to no sheet loaded.

I did try and increase the page length of the cut sheets and it seem to help but then again I went back to my normal sheet size and its working fine again. This happens from time to time seems at random and can be fine for a week then this happens and happens on every sheet I end up turning off and on and restarting PC, trying longer paper then it clears and is fine again hard to tell what cleared the problem. I have not seen a problem in roll mode but use in main cut sheets, changed the PC, cables and tried CS4, CS6 and Corel X4 and they all at times show this problem. I have cleaned the paper sensor and made sure there is no direct light as I know that can cause a problem.

Mike

Not sure if this will help, but your cs4/cs6 document size has to be the same width as your sheet. The height does not.
And then in your print dialog epson settings choose the correct paper settings. On the epson make sure you change it to sheet instead of roll. These are just a couple of things that come to mind in case you haven't checked yet. oh, make sure you load your sheet correctly, pulling it down to the sheet line not the roll line.

paulb kindly stop spamming every wide format thread, your more likely to put people off then get any business you muppet!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back