Looking for recommendations for substrate/printer for canvas prints

pworden

I have an Epson 9600 an HP5500 and an HPZ5200 available. Looking to print on a canvas-type of material. I've looked at some wall art available locally and it looks to be glued to a frame by machine, not stretched, stapled and taped. Also, there is a finish on the outside. I've done a bit of this printing but on plain canvas, stretched manually.
Is this store-bought piece I describe sound like a completely machine-done process?
What would you recommend to do a small but regular amount of canvas printing for wall art?
Thanks for any input.

If you are going to do your own stretching then I would recommend Epson or Hahnemuhle canvas. There are a ton of suppliers out there. Let me know if you need any help tracking some down. All we do is print canvas so we would be glad to help. - Eric

the Epson R2880 is a cracking printer for canvas and not expensive, the canvas is cheap too and comes in a few gsm's on rolls
you can add coatings too, if you want say a satin or gloss appearance
the stretcher bars are the awkward thing to get and use unless you buy in quantity
maybe speak to a local framer and get a deal or just go straight to an online canvas printer to do the whole job for you
here is a link to a good place, who has great prices and are very helpful

all the best with your idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pointers! I did a small project and bought stretcher bars from French Canvas - pricing was reasonable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back