unblocking Epson 10600 pro head

shanew

As per the title, can anyone give advice on how to get the head flowing again?
On startup the printer reports a nozzle fault and when printing a test pattern I get two solitary dots of black, other colours are fine.
I've done the basic clean function from the control panel with no luck so I expect it's now a manual clean with some disassembly of the print head so any guides or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Should all fail and it be time to replace the machine, can I have some recommendations for a replacement machine? Ideally I would like to move away from aqueous, the sole purpose of the use is producing labels for my car care products. this requires them to be over laminated to water proof them with all the added cost of special print media and over laminate it's not the cheapest solution for labels but it gives me the flexibility to create as required and new labels can be created on a whim.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Shanew, have you tried the deep clean cycles ? You can access them by powering down then power back up holding down the "+" "-" and enter button at the same time, hit the "Select type " button until you come to Check: Clean hit Enter, there are three choices for cleaning
KKO, KK1, KK2, KK2 being the most thorough, each KK cycle takes about 30 min. at the end of 30 minutes just power off then power back on.

Thanks for the reply TRYYZ, I have already tried this but I get a SERVICE REQ - 00010027 error. I expect this is from the back pressure caused by a blocked head. I've only just noticed that I have no dark cyan at all. I have got a copy of the field service booklet so the plan is to strip the heads out and try to manually flush them through

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back