problem with my Epson 9900

wonderings

I have an Epson 9900. I have a few rush things to print today. I noticed my first print that came out, there is a wavy dark line. It is not in the file. The file is nested 2 up on a 44" sheet. You can see the wave in two different spots, there are screen shots below. Another poster I did on a 36" roll has black specs dotted. I almost missed it while preparing to ship it out.

I had done a nozzle check before hand and everything looked great. I am running it through the cleaning right now. Anyone have this before? Is this something a cleaning will fix or is there something else I should be looking at?

Poster with black specs

Thanks, I did run the cleaning cycle a few times and was able to print my jobs with no issues. Going to keep an eye on it, if it pops up again I will look at some other steps.

Glad you got it fixed. Question for you. How often do you run the cleaning cycle? I run a cleaning cycle twice a day on our 7900's whether we have a heavy print load or not. Once a week a run a nozzle test to make sure everything is up as well.

Glad you got it fixed. Question for you. How often do you run the cleaning cycle? I run a cleaning cycle twice a day on our 7900's whether we have a heavy print load or not. Once a week a run a nozzle test to make sure everything is up as well.

Well it does not run a whole lot, sometimes can go a week or two without anything run on it. My normal print a nozzle test, if everything looks fine there I print, if not then I run the appropriate cleaning. Should I be doing a cleaning daily even if it is not used?

Well it does not run a whole lot, sometimes can go a week or two without anything run on it. My normal print a nozzle test, if everything looks fine there I print, if not then I run the appropriate cleaning. Should I be doing a cleaning daily even if it is not used?

I'm not sure a daily cleaning would be a good idea, instead you might want to make a small test file that uses all the colors and print it on a regular basis if the machine sits for long periods without use. I would do nozzle checks as well, but I wouldn't clean it unless it presented a need for it.

You could do a head alignment instead of a daily cleaning, gets all the nozzles firing without dumping much ink.

I'm not sure a daily cleaning would be a good idea, instead you might want to make a small test file that uses all the colors and print it on a regular basis if the machine sits for long periods without use. I would do nozzle checks as well, but I wouldn't clean it unless it presented a need for it.

Well considering this is coming straight from our epson installer I don't think he would tell us to do something negative for the printer...

Well considering this is coming straight from our epson installer I don't think he would tell us to do something negative for the printer...

Ok, well I just said that I wouldn't do it because the parts that do the cleaning eventually wear out and the cleanings can be hard on the head as well. Just my experience.

You should do a nozzle check before any set of color critical proofs IMO. If the nozzle check shows any gaps, run a cleaning cycle specifically for that pair if possible.

You should do a nozzle check before any set of color critical proofs IMO. If the nozzle check shows any gaps, run a cleaning cycle specifically for that pair if possible.

I do nozzle checks before jobs, in this case everything looked fine. I have run a few small things since this problem and all seems to be fine now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back