Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Possumgal is offline Senior Member

Default What do you think of this?

Adobe has decided to focus its resources on Creative Cloud and will not continue development on its Creative Suite software, reports The Next Web. While Creative Suite 6 will continue to be supported in regards to bug fixes, there will be no further updates and no Creative Suite 7.

Didn't find anything on Adobe's newsroom page about it.

Colorblind is offline Senior Member

Have a look here, looks like you may be right: Breaking from Tradition: Photoshop CC | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG
    Better train people and risk they leave - than do nothing and risk they stay.

dabob is offline Senior Member

IMHO . . . I don't have an issue with them going to the cloud
    since the only upgrade I skipped (other than quack) would be the 5.5 version . . I am using a Muse subscription now and find it convienent and the instant updates are a plus - that is unless they stop improving it and continue to charge you the monthly "rental fee"

Lukas Engqvist is offline Senior Member

There was also no mention of print under "publish" in the keynote slides :,(
    Learning by teaching!

HappyFriday is offline Junior Member

I think this will either make or break Adobe completely in the coming years. It's an all-in approach that will either be extremely rewarding or backlashing from existing users.

Pricing plan seems very reasonable if you already have a fixed budget for it and if you don't? Well, this is where Adobe will lose users. I gave this a bit of thought last night and I think this might affect publishing, since archiving has always been a challenge and I think this will make it even more difficult to keep versions of files consistent. Especially true, if cloud updates keep breaking files created only a few months ago. Worst scenario, think Quark nightmares but on a monthly basis? That should be fun!

Pricing plan:
    https://creative.adobe.com/plans

I have the personal subscription for $30/month and while I like it so far...if they jack up the price to an unreasonable level THEY will lose me. Quark is suddenly becoming an option again.
    Last edited by HappyFriday; 05-07-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Chris Halt is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFriday View Post
    Quark is suddenly becoming an option again.
    Who saw that coming…?

Now if there were only contenders for Illustrator, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, etc.
    [COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Verdana"][B]--
    Chris Halt[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

chevalier is offline Senior Member

I made the switch to Creative Cloud with "CS6". The strengths are obvious but here are the weaknesses I've experienced:

There are bugs in CC Illustrator that I cannot get addressed/resolved. The tech support guys were useless and a good bugreporting feature for CC is nonexistent. Esko lagged a year behind on its plugins and literally advised me to not use CC licensing.

Never underestimate the power of smaller scale developers on cloud platforms. In the past year my organization has dumped Microsoft Visio for Lucidchart.com, IBM Lotus for GoogleApps, and physical tape based backup for many servers for Carbonite online.

Possumgal is offline Senior Member

Adobe should have gotten a clue from all the people who downloaded CS2 apps once they discontinued the authorization connections for those apps. The help forums were so overloaded with new CS2 users Adobe had to make a special section just for them.

That's a group that won't be going to the Cloud.

wonderings is offline Senior Member

I really dont like Adobe moving to a monthly subscription. I am fine if they want to give people a choice, but forcing me into a monthly rental fee for their software when I want to buy it outright leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like I am held hostage by Adobe. I will be holding back upgrading as long as I can (currently using CS6). Why do I want another monthly fee on top of all the other monthly fees? When things are slow, thats just another bill to pay, no matter how small it is. I wish there was a viable alternative to indesign. Going back to Quark, well that feels like stepping back in time, plus all the work flow we are used to using is in indesign, it would be like throwing a wrench in the gears and start learning all over to be efficient in Quark. As its pretty easy to tell from my post, not happy with this forced change and will be keeping my money away from Adobe as much as possible, but again, they have us hostage here as we need their software, clients we work with use their software and we have to support it.

abc
    abc is offline Senior Member

Senior Product Manager
    Enfocus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast