Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Billy_78 is offline Junior Member

Default Thin lines fast scan Avantra 25S

Could somebody give some idea what to check if image is distorted in fast scan direction? See also attached images. I cleaned mirror motor encoder, but it didn't help. What else to check? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

STSTech is offline Member

Bill,

From the samples you posted, it looks like a spinner issue. One thing you can do is run an exposure test and see if the lines are in that test also.

STSTech

ssutton503 is offline Junior Member

I would guess it was encoder but you say you have cleaned that. I had problems back in the day with our SCSI cable. If you have another cable it should be an easy thing to check and/or eliminate.

28-yr-AGFA-SE is offline Member

I will differ with the other replies. The closeup.jpg shows lines that don't correspond with any missing data lines. Therefore, they look like extra lines that are not supposed to be there. If that is the case, then you have extra data coming from the RIP or extra video to the laser being generated by the DEC board in the Avantra. Could also be a lousy contact with the interconnect cable at either the RIP or Avantra end. Reseat the data cable between RIP and Avantra. If that doesn't resolve it then run the internal density test page on the Avantra. If lines are there then it is definitely DEC board. If not there then it could still be DEC board (input memory bad) or RIP output bad. In either of these two cases you will need a Service Engineer to resolve which it is.

Billy_78 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 28-yr-AGFA-SE View Post
    I will differ with the other replies. The closeup.jpg shows lines that don't correspond with any missing data lines. Therefore, they look like extra lines that are not supposed to be there. If that is the case, then you have extra data coming from the RIP or extra video to the laser being generated by the DEC board in the Avantra. Could also be a lousy contact with the interconnect cable at either the RIP or Avantra end. Reseat the data cable between RIP and Avantra. If that doesn't resolve it then run the internal density test page on the Avantra. If lines are there then it is definitely DEC board. If not there then it could still be DEC board (input memory bad) or RIP output bad. In either of these two cases you will need a Service Engineer to resolve which it is.
    I just run internal test page and it was OK. So it seems like cable or DEC board now. I will try to to reseat the cable and tell the results later.

viprofixassist is offline Junior Member

If you need a DEC board or a cable, just let me know. We have both in stock.

VladCanada is offline Senior Member

I bet there is 75ALSXXXN transmitters problem at DEC board.

Armya Inc is offline Senior Member

Apis board could be the cause of the problem as well beside the cable and The DEC. Remove and clean the APIS board and the dust inside your computer and reinsert it in different slot or the same one. Also check all the pins on the APIS cable on both sides.

Caution: APIS is highly electrostatic sensitive. Ground your body.
    Last edited by Armya Inc; 12-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Farshad
    WWW.armyaservices.com

David carbajal is offline Junior Member

Hi there can you tell me what is the 75ALSXXXN? I have avantra 30 I got lines on the film
    I had changed the DEC board now is working ok
    can anybody help me to fix the DEC CARD?
    carbajalimport@yahoo.com

28-yr-AGFA-SE is offline Member

Having run the internal density test page and no extraneous lines showed up then the 75ALSxxxN chip is probably good. It is probably a problem with the input memory. Sorry, but I don't have a DEC board to reference as to what chips may be bad on it. Perhaps someone else has input to that issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast