Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Dersu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Avantra 44S,Unexposed lines!

    Hello All,

    We have Avantra 44S driven by Xitron rip via USB Interface board. Two weeks ago, we noticed there is unexposed lines in fast scan direction. These lines looks like a missing beam, dimentionally identical, nearly every ~4mm. But when we expose embedded tests within the Agfa, it comes out correct. No missing line at all. Also ripped files are ok, I checked one bit tiff files too.

    Anyone have any opinion? It looks like there is something not right with usb interface board>scsi cable or dec board?

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Armya Inc's Avatar
    Armya Inc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dersu View Post
    Hello All,

    We have Avantra 44S driven by Xitron rip via USB Interface board. Two weeks ago, we noticed there is unexposed lines in fast scan direction. These lines looks like a missing beam, dimentionally identical, nearly every ~4mm. But when we expose embedded tests within the Agfa, it comes out correct. No missing line at all. Also ripped files are ok, I checked one bit tiff files too.

    Anyone have any opinion? It looks like there is something not right with usb interface board>scsi cable or dec board?

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Regards.
    It is helpful to include a picture of the film with your Threat, but if the machine exposure test is OK and the file has no problem (I hope you tested this several times) as you mentioned, then, you will have to look for the problem in DEC board, Rip Cable, Interface card or the computer itself.
    It seems like you will need to test all the modules to find the problem.
    Have your removed the dust from the interface card and inside the computer?Have you checked the DEC board. Have you checked the RIP cable? Have you tried another file to be sent to the machine? Have you tried sending a file through another computer or Rip? Do you have this problem with all resolutions? Did you get exposure test from all resolutions? These are all the questions a service engineer will ask himself and conduct tests to find the problem.
    A quick approach of doing this is to take the computer, Rip, Interface board and the cable to another Avantra Imagesetter and send the same file. If the file is OK replace the DEC board. If not, then every module, computer, interface card and the cable has to be checked and tested separately.

    Hop this will help!
    Last edited by Armya Inc; 01-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Farshad
    WWW.armyaservices.com

  3. #3
    Dersu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Farshad, thanks for your reply. We cleaned the pc & interface. Also we tried different stations to send ps or pdf files. The problem exists in all resolutions. We ran embedded tests within ctf all resolutions without any problem. I think, usb cable or interface cable might be defective also! We dont have a chance to move interface&pc to test another ctf. Other than this option, we tried every possibility.

    Regards.

  4. #4
    Armya Inc's Avatar
    Armya Inc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    765

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Dersu View Post
    Farshad, thanks for your reply. We cleaned the pc & interface. Also we tried different stations to send ps or pdf files. The problem exists in all resolutions. We ran embedded tests within ctf all resolutions without any problem. I think, usb cable or interface cable might be defective also! We dont have a chance to move interface&pc to test another ctf. Other than this option, we tried every possibility.

    Regards.
    Did you also try another Rip station on your computer? You will need to do this to make sure the DEC is OK too, before investing on the cable or the interface pcb.
    Last edited by Armya Inc; 01-21-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Farshad
    WWW.armyaservices.com

  5. #5
    Alexndirangu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nairobi kenya
    Posts
    1

    Default Lines on all jobs avatra 44

    HI
    We have this problem with our avantra where jobs come out with lines 1mm apart. recently we had to change the pci card on the computer as it was sending only the file size and jo name to the imagesetter. once we bought a new usb apis interface we can now send jobs to the imagesetter but the jobs come out with lines aS though there is a back ground on the job.internal test print on the machine come out well with no lines.
    Could the DEC board also was faulty as now all our diagnosis is heading to that board.
    we use harlequin and we ahve also teted sending jobs with apogee and the results are the same.

    could any have experianced this as we are not sure about the DEC board

    any help appreciated

  6. #6
    Armya Inc's Avatar
    Armya Inc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexndirangu View Post
    HI
    We have this problem with our avantra where jobs come out with lines 1mm apart. recently we had to change the pci card on the computer as it was sending only the file size and jo name to the imagesetter. once we bought a new usb apis interface we can now send jobs to the imagesetter but the jobs come out with lines aS though there is a back ground on the job.internal test print on the machine come out well with no lines.
    Could the DEC board also was faulty as now all our diagnosis is heading to that board.
    we use harlequin and we ahve also teted sending jobs with apogee and the results are the same.

    could any have experianced this as we are not sure about the DEC board

    any help appreciated
    Could be your computer, USB cable, Interface card , DEC board, Carriage board or Spinner. All are possible and you are the one who has to identify this. The line issue on Avantra Series has been explained widely by other experienced Tech and I in this forum and we can't be on your site to identify the problem or give you an immediate solutions. Good Luck.
    Farshad
    WWW.armyaservices.com


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2