Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dking is offline Junior Member

Default 6501 error codes - 2211, 2212, 2213, 2214.

Anyone else having the same issues with the drum's cleaning blade "flipping"?

Konica tech says it's fairly widespread.

Just wondering if anyone here is experiencing this issue.

GregNac19 is offline Senior Member

Random says it was poor training!

Quote Originally Posted by GregNac19 View Post
    Random says it was poor training!
    Ok....

Can I assume Random is some kind of KM homer that is going to explain how bad training is responsible for a part breaking?

Craig is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post
    Ok....

Can I assume Random is some kind of KM homer that is going to explain how bad training is responsible for a part breaking?
    You hit the nail on the head!

Bretman is offline Member

Default Yea gotta luv that blade flip huh?

Hi dking,

Every time our service guy changes a drum unit we get blade flip about two to three times a week. I am running a Bizhub 6500. Apparently the service tech says Konica is aware of it and is happening world wide. I guess they are supposed to be working on a fix at present. They want him to (powder) the drum heavily but it does not seem to do any good. My guy is trying ... trimming the blade ends at a 45° angle upon installation and applying a silicon wiped onto the drum to avert this. Usually after about 3-4 return calls the blade seems to settle down. He and all the field service tech's need to hound Konica endlessly until they fix this frustrating as H#%**ll issue.

Good luck,

Bret

Quote Originally Posted by Bretman View Post
    Hi dking,

Every time our service guy changes a drum unit we get blade flip about two to three times a week. I am running a Bizhub 6500. Apparently the service tech says Konica is aware of it and is happening world wide. I guess they are supposed to be working on a fix at present. They want him to (powder) the drum heavily but it does not seem to do any good. My guy is trying ... trimming the blade ends at a 45° angle upon installation and applying a silicon wiped onto the drum to avert this. Usually after about 3-4 return calls the blade seems to settle down. He and all the field service tech's need to hound Konica endlessly until they fix this frustrating as H#%**ll issue.

Good luck,

Bret
    Pretty much the same here.

Our tech has even tried swapping in old c500 parts (blades never flipped on those) to no avail. We have several 6501's and sometimes this happens multiple times per day on multiple machines at completely random intervals.

Craig is offline Senior Member

I thought someone said that the blade flip was solved with an updated drum??? I could be wrong, maybe it's a drum kit.

Sounds like a real PITA issue, are you able to correct this or do you need to wait on service?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I thought someone said that the blade flip was solved with an updated drum??? I could be wrong, maybe it's a drum kit.

Sounds like a real PITA issue, are you able to correct this or do you need to wait on service?
    I am aware of an updated drum for K (don't know what's specific about it being just for K). Du-102b, but they flip also.

Our KM tech is on site M-F 8 to 5 so it's not too big of a deal. He can get it back up pretty quick. It's after daytime hours and weekends that really hurt because it renders the machine useless.
    Last edited by dking; 01-11-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Bretman is offline Member

Default Hopefully Konica will get ON this

Sounds like the saga continues.
    Hey at least you have onsite tech. We have to wait for a tech from the next town over, 15 miles away unless we get lucky and he is in town with another issue. Only two 6500's in our county so far.

Bret

lfelton is offline Senior Member

For what it's worth, we've never seen this on a 6501. Mind you it's less than 3 months old an only has around 250K SRA3s on the clock, so maybe it's too soon to see your problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast