Xerox Docucolor 252 - White line in Image
We are running a xerox 252.
1.There is a thick white line about 1 millimeter thick.
2. The line is a new problem.
3. It is running the long edge on the 19 side of 13 X 19 and appears on all stocks.
4. It also appears on all colors CMYK
5. The problem does not move around or shift, stay put, big white stripe
Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Does it happen when you photocopy?
UPDATE: Xerox Docucolor 252 - White line in Image
1. happens when we copy or print from computer
2. Printed a sheet with the cmyk color bars,white line shows only in the black, but when we print a color like a mix blue or mix green, it will show up in a mixed color too.
(you would think it would just not print the black and the remaining colors would print.)
3. Changed black drum, it did not help
It looks like dust or toner particles got into the laser unit. It needs to be removed and cleaned. It's one hell of a job, so many parts to remove before you get to it. Must be done by an experienced service engineer.
We do not have service on our machine.
1. Does anyone have good instructions they can send for cleaning the laser?
2. Do you know what the actual laser unit is called?
It is actually a whole unit that needs to be replaced, not cleaned.
Each machine has two, which each control two of the colors.
You will need to set up a service contract or pay for the replacement.
I have seen this happen on at least 4 of the Doc 242's I have worked with (out of about 75).
What is the name of the unit that needs to be replaced. So that we can order the part.
I am not aware of any instructions availble publicly for this type of job. This is not a simple job, you need to know the machine inside out.
I remember when we had this problem it took the engineer more than 2 hours to fix it. He was a very experienced guy. He didn't actually replace the unit, he just cleaned it with a cotton bud I think. If my memory serves well, the two laser unit boxes are black in colour and located under the scanner, sorry I don't know the part number. I've even checked the engineer's service log book, he wrote down only "Laser Unit Cleaned".
It is the ROS unit, and I agree that this should be serviced by a Xerox tech. I doubt Xerox would even sell just the part without a full installation, but I have always had service agreements on my machines.
Thank you for all the help, because of everyones great answers , we are able to fix the problem. I have a xerox tech repair manual , the one they give the service guys...it was the ROS unit
Tags for this Thread