Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    piggy_toes_books is offline Junior Member

Default konika minolta c6000 vs. xerox x700 vs canon imagepress c1+

I am looking at getting a new machine. I am battling out these three machines:

1. Konika Minolta c6000
    2. Canon Imagepress c1+
    3. Xerox x700.

I was looking to see if anyone has any of these machines and their thought about it and why they choice this one over other options.

Any help would be great. Currently have an older canon and not the most happy with it.

mdc1239 is offline Junior Member

xerox ron better when you purchase xerox paper which usually costs more money.
    Image press is good, tabs are more difficult to set up on the Cano than on the Konica machine.

UberTech is offline Senior Member

Well it's a bit like this really, do a forum search for the x700 and I think you will come to same conclusion as everyone else. As for the C1+, I haven't seen one in action but Im told it does about 2 SRA3's a min.
    Konica Minolta tech -

tshark is offline Member

Doesn't the C1+ print like 14 sheets a minute in color?

UberTech is offline Senior Member

I was told 250gsm (max weight) was extremely slow. Can't actually find any specs
    Konica Minolta tech -

cdagne is offline Junior Member

We are in the same boat, Xerox 550, Canon 6010, Canon C1+, and Konica Minolta 6501. We have a Xerox 242 but it is a piece of crap, so I don't want to stay with Xerox for the 550 because it is basically the same machine with different toner and shell. On the Xerox 242 we have constant color shift and registration problems, and I don't believe the 550 is going to be any different if we stay with Xerox. The color with Canon is really good, but I am worried about service and support on the machine. We are going to test the Konica Minolta 6501 soon to see how it compares in color quality and consistency.
    Last edited by cdagne; 12-22-2010 at 06:40 PM.

ian
    ian is offline Senior Member

I would stay away from the X700, we have had one for almost 2 years and they cannot make it work, a client of mine has the C1+ and he told me its not meant for production work.
    I have run samples on the Minolta C6000 and found it to be really good for the price point

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by piggy_toes_books View Post
    I am looking at getting a new machine. I am battling out these three machines:

1. Konika Minolta c6000
    2. Canon Imagepress c1+
    3. Xerox x700.

I was looking to see if anyone has any of these machines and their thought about it and why they choice this one over other options.

Any help would be great. Currently have an older canon and not the most happy with it.

MarkRM is offline Junior Member

I love the print quality of my C1+ but it has not been reliable and needs tons of service. Here in Boston, Canon Business Solutions simply isn't equipped to service the machine. They seem to have neither the manpower nor the know-how. After a year and a half, and about 120k color clicks, the machine has been down for the better part of two weeks. Caveat emptor.

ruggersu is offline Junior Member

Default Konica c7000

We installed a Konica C7000p (printer only version) three weeks ago and have been very happy with it. So far we have put around 50,000 prints on it. We have the external Fiery with sequence, the large paper decks and the 5,000 sheet stacker. Color is fantastic and it measures the fused print on the fly with the IDC unit. We have the paper heater and the decurling station with humidification.

I would strongly recommend this unit over the 6501. the upgrades have been significant.

Dan Flatt
    Multi Media Services
    Corning, NY

natty is offline Member

Canon C1+ is not even close to the same league as the Konica or the Xerox...

Yes it does 18 A4 prints per minute on bond (plain paper)...

As soon as you go to gloss, even light weight gloss, that goes down to about 10 A4 page per minute (5 A3 pages)...

heavyweight gloss will be about 3-4 A3 pages per minute, and if you want to print duplex on gloss then you go down to 1.5 A3 pages per minute...

Thats a blistering 90 sheets per hour, or if you want to print say 10,000 double sided DL's, that will take you about 18 hours!
    Last edited by natty; 12-22-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast