Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/printplanet/webapps/printplanet_php53/forums/includes/class_core.php(4606) : eval()'d code on line 10
Help!! Which one to go with!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help!! Which one to go with!

atprinter is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Help!! Which one to go with!

Can anyone tell me about canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 7055?

we have a Xerox 250, we are getting a extra machine in, has option of X700, konica 5501, or canon 7055.
    So far, I like the Konica, but 600dpi is a problem when doing small txt or reverse white text and object on image.
    Xerox is the best but price is double of canon or konica, and print look slightly more digital than offset.

When I spoke to Canon sale on phone, they talking about c9075 pro, I seem the printed samples, fall between konica and Xerox, I am quick happy, but then I received a quote is 7055, sure the price is cheaper, but are they much difference between c9065pro vs 7055? Quality? How long is c7055 been on the market?

I am doing light volume for now but expect to increase gradually, I want something more reliable, especially come to heavy stock, registration etc.

I'm hoping to get some feedback from people out here. help me make the decision as soon as possible.

Thanks

gordo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by atprinter View Post
    So far, I like the Konica, but 600dpi is a problem when doing small txt or reverse white text and object on image.
    Dpi is not a neasure of resolution. It is a measure of addressability. The best way to determine if the printer can render the text size that you're concerned about is to test it.

Best, gordo
    Craig likes this.

Thanks gordo

Yes, I agree DPI is not a measure of resolution...

I have already test the machines, Xerox 700, Konica 5501 and c6000, canon 9065 pro and Ricoh with the same files, print on same weight of paper etc.

Only the text/object on image suffer from the jitter edge from 5501, have spoke to the Konica about this, and they suggest the C6000 will not have such issue. (I know cos I have the same test samples from c6000).

I have all these prints compared side by side and DPI does make difference some time.

But the solid color and offset feel produce by Konica is the best among all these machines I tested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Dpi is not a neasure of resolution. It is a measure of addressability. The best way to determine if the printer can render the text size that you're concerned about is to test it.

Best, gordo
    Last edited by atprinter; 01-14-2013 at 09:51 PM.

michaelejahn is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb look at MTBF as well

The only thing other than quality / price you might want to ask about is MTBF

Mean time between failures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Michael Jahn - Slightly used PDF Evangelist
    Simi Valley California

GuruMorgor is offline Member

We have a 7055 at our little shop. Its been good for what we do with it, small runs <1000 of postcards, business cards, flyers and such. Color is kinda lame in comparison to KM, we have a little bizhub c203 up front for the office and I've seen it do better color. We're about 3 years deep on a 5 year lease and its never been what I'd call out of service. Tech usually would show up an hour or 3 after placing the call and iron out any issues which were usually minor. If I had to gripe about anything it would be the registration when printing 2 sides is not that great. We use mostly #80 cover, coated and uncoated, but have run up to #120. Command Workstation software is easy to use and works well with mac or pc. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

Thanks .
    MTBF is hard to predict I guess, I am on light volume usage, so shouldn't be a major issue at least for now. From time to time all machines needs service, fast tech service is really concern I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelejahn View Post
    The only thing other than quality / price you might want to ask about is MTBF

Mean time between failures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks !!

I just spoke to Canon sales and they said 7055 is exactly "light" version of 9065 pro, suit for light production(low volume), but somehow I am not convince...

So, the machine is solid and reliable? How is printing small text? Dose it have issue on the jitter edge when printing white text/object on image?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruMorgor View Post
    We have a 7055 at our little shop. Its been good for what we do with it, small runs <1000 of postcards, business cards, flyers and such. Color is kinda lame in comparison to KM, we have a little bizhub c203 up front for the office and I've seen it do better color. We're about 3 years deep on a 5 year lease and its never been what I'd call out of service. Tech usually would show up an hour or 3 after placing the call and iron out any issues which were usually minor. If I had to gripe about anything it would be the registration when printing 2 sides is not that great. We use mostly #80 cover, coated and uncoated, but have run up to #120. Command Workstation software is easy to use and works well with mac or pc. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

GuruMorgor is offline Member

I just printed some 4pt type out in black and reversed in white and it was quite legible (with a magnifying glass). I've seen some jitters, cracking, washing out, mis-registration of color, spots, runs, streaks and all sorts of things happen. The techs are all about the climate the machine is in and how your paper is stored. I've run paper that just came off the truck thru it with some poor results, so its tempermental at times. I have to admit that I don't envy your position in making this decision, the canon sales team had a hot blond that made my boss all jittery, thats why we have the machine.

Thanks GuruMorgor, your input helps me!!

I told Canon to get me an used 9075pro rather than new 7055, I can see Canon machines having difficulty of printing textured/linen paper compare to others, so will see.

I just got back second time from Konica demo on 5501, they seem to improve a lot of jitter edge issues after few setting adjusted, impressive! Although Xerox still seem print a bit better but value for money, Konica is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by GuruMorgor View Post
    I just printed some 4pt type out in black and reversed in white and it was quite legible (with a magnifying glass). I've seen some jitters, cracking, washing out, mis-registration of color, spots, runs, streaks and all sorts of things happen. The techs are all about the climate the machine is in and how your paper is stored. I've run paper that just came off the truck thru it with some poor results, so its tempermental at times. I have to admit that I don't envy your position in making this decision, the canon sales team had a hot blond that made my boss all jittery, thats why we have the machine.

Craig is offline Senior Member

If you plan on doing any off line finishing you might want to look at this. Take 250 to 500 print samples with moderate to heavy toner 4/4 coverage and jog them, run them through your folder, cut them. You may be surprised at what you find. In our experience the prints from a Konica were very slippery, very hard to handle and did not register well in our Baum 2020 folder (which is fairly new and in immaculate condition). We did this with prints from Xerox and Konica (which were he only machines we were looking at). When doing a demo I wouldn't consider it "real" without printing at least 1000 sheets of various stocks. You may find the value for the money gets lost in the finishing because of added labor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast