Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is Pitstop causing Acrobat X to crash all the time?

gumbylives is offline Member

Angry Is Pitstop causing Acrobat X to crash all the time?

Hi,
    We are running the latest CS 5.5 software. Acrobat 10.1.3 Mac OSX 10.6.8., Pitstop Pro 10 update 3. Acrobat crashes at least 3 times a day on both our machines.
    Is this an OS and Acrobat or Pitstop bug? Has anyone else had the problem?
    If so what was their solution.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Gumby

abc
    abc is offline Senior Member

Is it possible you could send a mail to support@enfocus.com with a description of the problem and the support information from the about panel of your pitstop version cut and pasted into it?.
    They will then be able to give you some feedback. I am currently at drupa but I will give them a call/email and give them some background so they can get you a quick answer.
    Senior Product Manager
    Enfocus

I will do that right away.
    Thank you

CruzinCooler is offline Junior Member

IMHO, I've found over time that all versions (From Acrobat 4 and early version's of Pitstop caused some strange incidents. To be fair most of the times it was older versions of the combo but sicking with newer versions of both products is much more stable. But let's not be all that nice as you can tell by the amount of updates both products produce every version that something is indeed going on. Although Acrobat has a lot of "Security" fixes it just seems to me and my co-workers that Acrobat has always been the weirdest product of the Adobe suite. Interface is a mess, shortcut's don't to seem closely related to other Adobe products, etc. etc. Don't even get me started with Enfocus. With all that said I can't live without either product, well I guess I wouldn't have a job if all products worked as advertised. For most of my year's I always thought most Mac's didn't have the horsepower (RAM) to run comfortably enough. Not the products fault. Font's cause most of the crashes and corrupt cache accounting for a little bit of the mess. Once you master Pitstop your prepress life feel's complete. I am by no mean's close to figuring it out but when it works it truly is a great product. I was using Pitstop 10 at my last job with the usual licensing issues popping up requiring a reinstall and at my new job (First time using it on a PC besides Server versions) also required a reinstall using version 9 of Acrobat and Pitstop. Acrobat didn't like the updates and Pitstop once again had a license issue. I believe both applications are processor intensive and if your computer hasn't go the oomph, update it. You never mentioned how much RAM you were using nor how powerful your machine is.
    Like I said I love Pitstop when all is well but beware of the gremlins.
    Last edited by CruzinCooler; 05-15-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Leen is offline Junior Member

In PitStop Pro 11 (released begin may), we made already the needed adjustments to deal with the introduced changes in the Acrobat 10.1.3 update which were reported end of april.
    Customers who want to use the Acrobat 10.1.3 update are hence advised to upgrade to the PitStop Pro 11 release in case they want to work with the latest Acrobat 10.1.3 update as PitStop Pro 11 solves these reported issues.

As a general recommendation, please send any issue you would still face with PitStop Pro 11 to support@enfocus.com in order to let us investigate any remaining problem.

Leen - PitStop Product Manager

leonardr is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CruzinCooler View Post
    it just seems to me and my co-workers that Acrobat has always been the weirdest product of the Adobe suite. Interface is a mess, shortcut's don't to seem closely related to other Adobe products, etc. etc.
    That is by design. Acrobat is designed and targetted for the Knowledge Worker and not for the designer. It may be part of the Creative Suite, but those same creatives are not the primary target. As such, we don't want the product to work like CS - we want it to work more like MSOffice.

Joe Duffy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by leonardr View Post
    That is by design. Acrobat is designed and targetted for the Knowledge Worker and not for the designer. It may be part of the Creative Suite, but those same creatives are not the primary target. As such, we don't want the product to work like CS - we want it to work more like MSOffice.
    Really - because so many Prepress professionals LOVE to work with MSOffice products right?????
    C'mon, you have to have a better answer than that!

mjb
    mjb is offline Junior Member

I would like to make just 1 request for Acrobat, on the new version could you please change the location of all your tools AGAIN???
    I love having to search for the tools on every update!!!!

If I recently bought a vehicle and there was a problem part, there would be a free recall. But you buy buggy software and you have to pay for an upgrade to fix something that is not working in the first place? It should be a free update/patch from Enfocus. I am still waiting for my email response from them.

CruzinCooler is offline Junior Member

Part of a suite and doesn't work like the rest of the CS suite? Oh my! Primary target are the Knowledge Worker, what? It's from the same Adobe "family" that you want to work like a MS product? Really? As long as i've been in prepress, commercial printing, not "quickie" printers that will work with all format's, have never really accepted MS products formats.
    With the exception of software designers, when Adobe came up with the Creative Suite marketing concept/gimmick, the products eventually seemed to work alike, it took a lot of version's, again with the exception of Acrobat. Let's change interface's for the heck of it. Let's make all those tiny button's even smaller every version. Let's hide tools. Was someone an old Acrobat designer/engineer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast