Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/printplanet/webapps/printplanet_php53/forums/includes/class_core.php(4606) : eval()'d code on line 10
What is Prryolidone? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sustainable is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lukew View Post
    Is this the same as 1 OCTYL-2-PYRROIDONE Cas#2687-94-7 ?

MSDS information for 2687-94-7 BASF -  Product Information the Chemicals Catalog  - N-Octyl-2-pyrrolidone dist.

MSDS for 872-50-4 http://www.phy.duke.edu/research/pho...yrrolidone.pdf

Lukew is offline Senior Member

Ok so not the same chemical. That is good news.
    Our fountain solution has 1 OCTYL-2-PYRROIDONE Cas#2687-94-7 at less than 2%

Even if a fountain solution did have pyrroidone in it at a very low % , once the fount is mixed with water at its correct % the actual amount of pyrroidone in the system/press would be very minimal.

Although if it is in roller washes that could be cause of concern

Green Printer is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ferrari View Post
    If this is the case (which I don't doubt), what does it do to the rubber in the rollers???

Al
    Al there will not be any responses to this. It is a catch 22 for both the wash supplier and the roller manufacturer. Since they both already know what it does they cannot comment.
    Now lets look at it in a different way maybe they honestly don't know. If this is the case then they are ignorant of their product and cannot recommend a wash and roller compound that is compatible. Either way the printer ends up paying for wash that can eat up his rollers or buy rollers that will be eaten up by the wash.

Even if a fountain solution did have pyrroidone in it at a very low % , once the fount is mixed with water at its correct % the actual amount of pyrroidone in the system/press would be very minimal.

Lukew is this a Fogra approved fountain solution?

Lukew
    Octyl or Methyl they are equally nasty and both exhibit the same reproductive troubles.

Lukew is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Printer View Post
    Lukew is this a Fogra approved fountain solution?
    I have not been told if it is fogra approved but I think highly likely not. They do state though that "all products are formulated to meet or exceed all European Approval agencies AND all current press manufacturers specifications."

I have not been told if it is fogra approved but I think highly likely not. They do state though that "all products are formulated to meet or exceed all European Approval agencies AND all current press manufacturers specifications."
    Lukew these links
    Regulatory agencies and compliance requirements - Elo TouchSystems - Tyco Electronics http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l21282_en.htm
    http://www.reachteam.eu/
    http://ec.europa.eu/environment/chem...each_intro.htm
    http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/Ne...e/08061001.asp
    will assist you with researching the European Approval Agencies.
    As for the current press manufacturers specifications I would ask for the list of manufacturers and their specifications. It is good procedure to double check on specifications. Some press manufacutrers require that chemistry is within spec for warranty issues.
    Last edited by Green Printer; 02-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Where can you find the current press manufacturers specifications for chemistry?

Al Ferrari is offline Senior Member

Contacting each press manufacturer one by one with that question seems like a logical place to start.

Al

When will the suppliers ever stop playing games. Many times I am ashamed to even be associated with this industry. Just about when you see hope for cleaner chemistry another item appears. There are a few bright spots in chemical suppliers and when i say a few I mean 2.

There are just way way too many associations and groups that worry about their own well being and ability to collect fees and member dues. This covers all aspects from green power, forrest management, carbon offsets, consumables, green labeling and the list is almost endless. Now some of these groups are worth their salt but they also are far and few between.
    We are all human beings and if a governing body or regulatory group banded or severely limited the use of a chemical wouldn't it behove us to think that this would be beneficial to all mankind and not just the particular local or country where the restrictions are enforced.

What do you think can be done to unify many of these certifying entities into a central body that can have meaning and recognition world wide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast