Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrDHG is offline Junior Member

OK Simon, Thanks for your concern. I will be contacting you via email.

jeffkin15 is offline Senior Member

Ill be honest, we use both power trapper (AE & Deskpack & Artpro) as well as the PDF trapper (Nexus) which I believe is the same as the 4-step trapper. I do like the control of the power trapper. The ability to create custom rules is something that nexus was always missing and kind of screwed you on some files. But when working with illustrator files using Powertrapper we run in to quite a few problems. It seems that power trapper doesn't always understand some of the effects and appearances that illustrator can use. We still end up sending a lot of PDFs from illustrator to Nexus for trapping.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkin15 View Post
    Ill be honest, we use both power trapper (AE & Deskpack & Artpro) as well as the PDF trapper (Nexus) which I believe is the same as the 4-step trapper. I do like the control of the power trapper. The ability to create custom rules is something that nexus was always missing and kind of screwed you on some files. But when working with illustrator files using Powertrapper we run in to quite a few problems. It seems that power trapper doesn't always understand some of the effects and appearances that illustrator can use. We still end up sending a lot of PDFs from illustrator to Nexus for trapping.
    Thanks. So you are saving your .ai files as PDF and then dropping into Nexus if Powertrapper isn't achieving the results you need? We normally just drop the ai file into the workflow.

jeffkin15 is offline Senior Member

we work with Normalized PDF out of illustrator because we are using dynamic barcodes and other esko plug-ins. Normalized PDF stores all the metadata that we need to keep.

Chief_1975 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Flexo View Post
    MrDHG
    Simon
    As an Esko employee I would hope you had something more to offer than a sales pitch for new software. How about actually trying to help with the problem.
    Isn't that typical, only interested when there is a prospect of selling you more software modules or training days!

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Flexo View Post
    MrDHG
    Dont worry I know how you feel. We have all the latest from Esko (Artpro 12, AE12 etc.) and have a very expensive maintenance contract and often feel the same way about Esko. Ask any esko customer how the plugins for CS6 are going, (We are still waiting for them almost a year later!!!!). Bottom line is we always have a list of bugs or issues, so AP12 will not magically eliminate all your problems.

Simon
    As an Esko employee I would hope you had something more to offer than a sales pitch for new software. How about actually trying to help with the problem.
    Dear WI-Flexo
    I have been in contact with MrDHG to help him with his problem.
    If the solution to his problem would be to upgrade his software, shouldn't I help him to do so?
    I don't work in US and I'm not Customer Support, so there is nothing in it for me. But I do enjoy helping out with any type of problem people might have with Esko Software.
    I have worked with Esko software since barco day, so i think I have some knowledge that might me helpful for others.

please let me know if there is something I can help you with.

Wkr
    Simon Ivarsson

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkin15 View Post
    we work with Normalized PDF out of illustrator because we are using dynamic barcodes and other esko plug-ins. Normalized PDF stores all the metadata that we need to keep.
    Not familiar with Normalized PDF. Are you saving those out of ai?

Normalized Pdf is an Esko file format used by Automation Engine, Packedge, DeskPack etc..
    In short it's a pdf that allows external links suited. Normalized Pdf can be exported from Illustrator, ArtPro etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12