Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UVCOATINGDAN
  • 1 Post By UVCOATINGDAN

Thread: In line uv sand feel coating

REYES1377 is offline Senior Member

Default In line uv sand feel coating

I know with the proper anilox roll this can be achived on press. My question is for the people doing it. What company has a good one? what size BCM is being used? Any tips and comments are appreciated.

UVCOATINGDAN is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by REYES1377 View Post
    I know with the proper anilox roll this can be achived on press. My question is for the people doing it. What company has a good one? what size BCM is being used? Any tips and comments are appreciated.
    I have been making grit type uv coatings for years. We have many different terms such as Thermo puff, Raised, Sandpaper Grit, Profile etc. Primarily for in-line applications on sheetfed presses. Through the years we have been able to fine tune these formulas and the equipment for optimal results. As far as the anilox goes most of our success comes from a 44 to 47 BCM (68.2 to 72.85 CM3/M2). There are other techniques that reduce build up and help with the directional piling of the coating, for instance when you create a spot coating plate (cyrel) we ask that the area to be coated be produced with a 80% screen value in the cyrel. This will allow more coating to be carried and transfered. If you are willing to invest in an anilox for this type of work we would be happy to work with you.

Dan Wartan
    Home
    REYES1377 likes this.

Cornishpastythighs is offline Senior Member

Do you need special doctor blades for this type of Grit coating and those large BCM's? I would have thought a normal doctor blade would be ripped to shreds.

UVCOATINGDAN is offline Junior Member

Black Onyx from H&B or Ultraflex from Flexoconcepts work well. Needs to be plastic for best results.
    REYES1377 likes this.