In http://printplanet.com/forums/lean-m...l-aspects-lean a couple of lean resources were discussed. I think it would be helpful to compile a list of various lean resources that are available to the printing industry. At the risk of being self-serving, I acknowledge that I am personally involved in items 1 and 3 listed below. But here are the resources I know of. I encourage others to post too.
1. Lean Printing: Pathway to Success - Amazon.com: Lean Printing: Pathway to Success: Kevin Cooper, Malcolm G. Keif, Kenneth L. Macro Jr.: Books (buy from PIA/GATF if you are a member for better pricing)
2. Total Production Maintenance - Store Search Results
3. Cal Poly's Lean Printing 2-day workshop - GrCI Workshop: Lean Manufacturing for Lower Costs
4. PIA/GATF Center for Lean Practices - Research and Consulting
5. PIA/GATF Lean Printing Survey - http://www.gain.net/eweb/docs/res_te...May-June08.pdf
6. Several of David Dodd's articles are available at Whattheythink.com - Try WhatTheyThink Premium Access (may need to be a member to access these).
7. Tom Southworth's Lean Printing blog - Lean Printing: Lean Printing Questions and Answers
8. RIT's Lean Printing study - http://print.rit.edu/pubs/picrm200404.pdf
What else is out there specific to the printing and packaging industry?