Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/printplanet/webapps/printplanet_php53/forums/includes/class_core.php(4606) : eval()'d code on line 10
Production Scheduling Procedure - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Production Scheduling Procedure

spurs501 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by spurs501 View Post
    I need to get one of these production boards up and running ASAP for our company (in the UK) could somebody be so kind to upload/email a picture of their board, so I can get an idea of how it should look.

Do you have the days of the week across the top (if so, how many weeks?) and the different depts down the left hand side?

Would really appreciate ANY feedback.

Thanks guys.

S.

Just wanted to bump this thread guys, as I need to report back to my directors with an idea of how the board would look/work.

Thanks in advance!

S.
    Last edited by spurs501; 05-24-2011 at 02:50 AM.

pcmodem is offline Senior Member

Every board will be different based on the companies needs and expectations. One size does not fit all.

spurs501 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcmodem View Post
    Every board will be different based on the companies needs and expectations. One size does not fit all.
    I do appreciate that, just wanted a general idea of the basic layout of people's production board.

ie: Do you have the days of the week down the left side and the depts across the top etc etc..

Amalik is offline Junior Member

Default Production Scheduling

Does anyone has any experience with Primac Systems "Production Scheduling System"? How does it works and its efficiency?

Here's the link to the website: Primac - Production Scheduling

fbhombal is offline Junior Member

We have the industry's best Production Scheduling Application, in fact we have two different versions. We cannot simply provide screen shots without learning a little more about your company. I will be happy to provide an online demonstration.
    Faisal Bhombal
    Primac Systems
    972.661-9336 x324

memonservices is offline Junior Member

Default possible free solution

Hello guys,
    I'm was in printing for 8 years but not anymore. Anyways I ran across this app and immediately thought it would work great as a job scheduling board for printshops.

https://trello.com/

Watch the video to see what I mean.

Please comment with your thoughts

PS. I am in no way affiliated with this company, just wanted to share something I though was interesting.

alfredflores is offline Junior Member

we use scheduler every day and i do not think, it can get any better. It has worked for me so far and i guess i will keep on using it, in the future as well.

dabob is offline Senior Member

We wrote our own system using excel for a visual schedule board and then use access to print out daily reports . . . .
    pwayne likes this.

Mike Herndon is offline Senior Member

We use a system we designed ourselves. It's web based enabling us to access it anywhere in the world. It tells us when the ink, plates and paper are ready then we can schedule the job accordingly. Once the schedule is made I export it to a spread sheet and email it to the entire company. During production pressmen use the web based system as their schedule. Pressmen input their data as they run, once the job is complete the system releases the job to the next process, stahl folder, straight knife etc. Our system follows the job through the plant, through shipping, and through billing. The system refreshes every 15 minutes allowing the data to be available in real time, all the time. Account managers can log in and see if their jobs made the morning truck, I can log in any time and see where the job is in our flow, who ran it etc. If we run into problems the operators document them with the job, I can see those too. If we have down time for whatever reason that is recorded also.

Everything is available in a report that I can access at any time. I can see our efficiencies, whether we are ahead or behind and if we actually made money on the job.

It took us 15 years to get this point and we are constantly updating our system.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Herndon; 03-01-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    www.colortree.com

jricart is offline Junior Member

Hi:
    I saw this thread and I want to ask if you guys any good and affordable Online or PC base Schedule Software for a small print shop. I found this site: printwatchdog.com, but it looks like they are not updating it anymore.

I tried the demo version and it meet our requirements. Any of you are aware of anything similar?

Thank you.

JRT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast