Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cosnet is offline Junior Member

ORIS Ink Saver!

mattbeals is offline Senior Member

Alwan all the way if you want to have the most flexibility and in my opinion the best results.
    Matt Beals
    The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Lee Hutchinson is offline Junior Member

Alwan Color Hub = awesome

Lester is offline Junior Member

cosnet,

How, exactly, does Ink Saver integrate with Rampage Ink Drop?

Also:
    Does ink saver flatten PDF files before optimizing?
    Does ink saver use device link profiles or standard icc?

Thanks for your input!

Robert Camberlain is offline Junior Member

Default Kodak has a product called Ink Optimizer

This is a fairly new product that is turning a lot of heads in both the newspaper world and the commercial world. It will run on any workflow that will accept an ICC device link profile. It's truely worth checking out.

Save up to 25% on ink with KODAK’s Ink Optimizing Service - Kodak Graphic Communications Group

All The Best,

Robert

alvarorb is offline Junior Member

We at Compose OEM Alwan's Color Hub and call it Inkscript Optimizer. If you have any questions on it, please free to ask me. We have customers with sheet fed, open and heatset web presses using it and they are getting great results.

Regards

Alvaro

Alvaro Rodriguez
    VP of Sales

Compose Systems Inc, USA.
    4740 Northgate Blvd. Suite 100
    Sacramento, CA 95833
    Tel: (916) 920-3838 Fax: (916) 923-6776
    Email: alvaro@composeusa.com
    Web:COMPOSE SYSTEM LIMITED

One of the options is to have several different device link profiles created and selectively apply them using Callas pdfToolbox. For example you could use Perfx Device Linker or Link-O-Lator to build your device link profiles for GRACoL 2006 #1 from SWOP, US Sheetfed Coated, etc. Then you would use Callas pdfToolbox to "look" inside the PDF's for an output intent that matches the incoming PDF's output intent with the correct device link combination. Beyond looking at the output intent we can look at individually tagged objects. If you've got 10 different profiles and untagged objects we can sort out how to handle that. The pdfToolbox could select the right device link profile and apply it. If one of the pre-programmed device link combinations isn't matched then you could apply a "generic" SWOP, for example, to GRACoL device link conversion. Again if none of those match you could also have pdfToolbox apply a RGB to CMYK device link profile to tagged and/or untagged RGB objects. It makes a great "poor mans color server". The trick of this set up is to get good device link profiles in meaningful combinations. It's not GMG, ORIS or Alwan, but it works quite well. I do this now for one shop in New York and they are very happy with this kind of "color server". Let me know if you'd like more information. I've set up similar systems for ISO News and SNAP work for a prospective customer.
    Matt Beals
    The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

ORIS_4COLOR is offline Junior Member

Hey Louise,
    The Device Link integration tool for our product is known by several names but namely ORIS Press Matcher Pro for variable data output. As this feature enables rips to injest and rip and print many types of files (variable data or any other industry standard) directly on the rip with profiles generated from our Color Tuner or Press Matcher color systems.

Hope this helps.....Bruce jump in and save me if I mispoke on your behalf :0)
    Allison Leach CGS Publishing Technologies, Int'l Sales Manager-Western Region

Louis Dery is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattbeals View Post
    It's not GMG, ORIS or Alwan, but it works quite well. I do this now for one shop in New York and they are very happy with this kind of "color server". Let me know if you'd like more information. I've set up similar systems for ISO News and SNAP work for a prospective customer.
    Hi Matt,

I agree with you about how Callas pdfToolbox works great with devicelink profiles. Very good!
    It’s not GMG, ORIS or Alwan, but… I would not say that. When using our device link profiles (PerfX), you can get very high quality color conversions.

Everyone say that their products save ink, save time, etc. Is there someone who would be willing to make comparative tests? Not only with proofing devices… on a real live press run. This is where you can see a real difference between each solutions.

Regards,
    Louis

A while ago I was trying to set something up. I spoke with Elie Khoury on how to methodically conduct it and I just ran out of time to get moving on this. Odd that it rears it's head again here in this thread. But I like it! I would very much like to see this on a real press run and what the impact is. As long as we can do it in a vendor neutral way with sound methodology I'd be all over this (again...). We'd need to get some sponsors to defer the costs and find a good sampling of different printers in various locations. I'm thinking along the lines of the G7 testing that was done. Just an idea of where to start...
    Matt Beals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast